Saturday, September 27, 2008

Advertising

Three places I spent a good amount of time are the Uof M- dearborn campus, my room, and the mall and not because I'm always shopping but because I work there. In all three of these place there are advertising all over. On campus I see all differnet name brands that the students are wearing from hollister, american eagle, air forces which are by nike, jordans, then you see advertising for the school people are wearing U of M shirts, sweaters, and hats. Then there are the differnent types of computer brands everywhere from Mac to Gateway. There is advertising all over.

Next in my room there are clothes like enyce, roca wear, then there is a gateway, and an HP labtop. Then the wirless card to it is advertising At&t. You see cards from Hallmark, lotions and body sprays from bath and body works. There are purses by baby phat or roca wear. Then there is a tv and a radio that while on you see plenty of advertising.

Last in the mall it's all about adverstising everystore you see in there is advertising all their products, then there are those sliding boards for new movies and food products. Plus there are food places all over like Mcdonalds, and Taco Bell. Everytime you see a person walk by with a bag from a store or a cup from McDonalds it's adverstising. Then the clothes the people are wearing from Areopostale to baby phat.

This affects us in so many ways and we don't even notice it. You may see some one with a shirt on from Areopostale and think that is cute, I think I'm going to go get one, well they just adverstised and got you to buy their product. It happens all the time when I go into the book store and I see all the shirts and sweaters I want one and more than likely am going to get one and that is the reason they advertise it because they know it will get people to buy it.

No comments: